- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
For the Cocktail Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Shrimp or Prawns:
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp or prawns, peeled and deveined, tails on
- Ice, for serving
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, horseradish sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to make the cocktail sauce. Adjust the hot sauce to your preferred level of spiciness. Refrigerate the sauce until ready to use.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- If your shrimp or prawns are not already cooked, cook them according to the package instructions, then let them cool completely.
- Once the shrimp or prawns are cool, remove the chilled ice bowl from the refrigerator and drain the water. Place the ice back in the bowl.
- Arrange the cooked shrimp or prawns around the rim of the ice-filled bowl, leaving space in the center for the cocktail sauce.
- Pour the cocktail sauce into the center of the bowl.
- Garnish the cocktail sauce with freshly chopped parsley and place lemon wedges around the edge of the bowl for extra flavor.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or as a refreshing seafood starter.
Nutrition Facts (for the cocktail sauce only, per serving):
- Calories: 50
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 0.5g
Please note that the nutrition facts provided are for the cocktail sauce only and do not include the shrimp or prawns.